More and more people are realizing a healthy lifestyle is beneficial for their pets as well as themselves. We applaud owners for wanting a healtheir lifestyle for their pets physicall and emotionally. Dog parks allow owners to exercise, socialize, and strengthen the bond between owner and dog in a controlled environment. However, it is very important for owners to exercise proper dog park etiquette. Following Dog Park rules will help you and your pet have the best experience possible
1. Owners are responsible for their dog and any injuries caused by their dog.
2. Dogs must be at least 4 months of age to enter.
3. Dog must wear current rabies and identification tags at all times.
4. Always dispose of your dog’s waste in the trash receptacles. Accumulation of dog waste on the ground may prompt closure of the park.
5. Dogs must be leashed before entering and leaving the fenced area.
6. Dogs in heat are prohibited.
7. Dogs without supervision are prohibited.
8. Dog food, human food or glass containers are prohibited.
9. Children under 10 are not allowed in the park. Children must be supervised at all times.
10. Dogs prohibited from utilizing the park: Aggressive or potentially aggressive breeds of dogs. These dogs are defined as Pit Bulls (American Staffordshire Bull Terriers or English Staffordshire Bull Terriers), Rottweilers, Doberman Pinschers, Chows, and wolf hybrids.
11. Dogs exhibiting any of the following types of behavior will be required to exit the park immediately. A propensity for dominant or aggressive behavior as indicated by any of the following types of conduct may result in suspension from the park:
a) Unprovoked barking, growling, or snarling at people approaching the animal.
b) Biting or scratching people.
c) Escaping confinement or restriction to chase people.
- If your dog is not accustomed to interacting with other dogs, start out by visiting the park
- Maintain awareness of the activity going on around you as distracted dogs may not look
where they are
**Puppy playtime (4 months and under) is offered in the Small Dog area at the South dog
park from 0800-1000 Saturday and Sunday. Recommend puppies are current on
** In the event of an emergency or animal control issue please call the military police desk
at (270) 798-7111.
** Please contact Outdoor Recreation at (270) 798-2175 or email email@example.com for additional information.