WHAT ARE UNIT FUNDS
- Military personnel receive MWR support through participation in MWR activities at the installation to which they are assigned. Separate unit funds are not authorized for installation units, however at Installation Management Agency (IMA) direction, units may receive non-appropriated (NAF) monetary support through IMWRF.
WHO CAN UTILIZE UNIT FUNDS
- Fort Campbell Active Duty and Tenant Units
- Isolated Active Army Units, Reserve Components (FTS) and Reserve Components (AT) operating outside a 12 mile radius of a DoD installation within Tennessee are all authorized MWR unit fund dividends.
HOW UNIT FUNDS CAN BE USED
- Organizational Days
HOW MUCH MONEY DO UNITS RECEIVE
- Locally funded dividends are allocated based upon authorized troop-strength in September for the upcoming fiscal year, October thru September. The rate is determined by the local CABC Financial Support and Services Division (FSSD) Chief. Currently the rate is $ .50 per soldier, per month or $ 6.00 per soldier, per year.
- Army Level Requirements (ALR) MWR Unit fund support for deployed soldiers is allocated at $ 2.00 per solder, per deployment month.
- Isolated Active Army Units, RC on FTS or AT are allotted $ 2.00 per soldier, per month.
HOW TO ACCESS FUNDS
- Each Brigade/Unit Commander appoints a Unit Fund Manager who coordinates with the MWR Unit Fund Administrator to make purchases.
HOW LONG ARE UNIT FUNDS AVAILABLE FOR USE
- Locally funded dividends are available for one fiscal year (October 1st thru September 30th)
- ALR funds are available for one year upon unit re-deployment.
HOW UNIT FUNDS CANNOT BE USED
- Change of Command/Retirement Ceremonies
- Awards Ceremonies in conjunction with mission exercises
- Protocol Functions
- Any other event for select individuals or a group, i.e. lunch for NCOs only.
- Mission-related expenditures
- ALR funds cannot be used to purchase any audiovisual or communications equipment.
- Welcome Home Ceremonies
REGULATION THAT SUPPORTS THE UNIT FUNDS
UNIT FUNDS DURING DEPLOYMENT
- All deployed units have established a “rear-detachment” Unit Fund Manager. The Unit Fund Manager can request unit funds to purchase various items to send to their Soldiers in theater.
- Unit Funds must be used for the collective benefit of all unit members for off-duty recreational purposes as prescribed by AR 215-1.
- All unit members must have the opportunity to participate in the activity supported with unit funds. Activities must relate to the MWR of the unit members.
- Family members (and guests) may participate at the discretion of the unit members.